Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Underground River





From Sabang wharf, a motorized boat took us to the entrance of the national park for 20 minutes. A boardwalk winding through dense jungle thickets lead us to the mouth of the cave. There a boatman guided us and shown us the wonders waiting for us inside.


It is very hard to take the monkeys' picture
On our way to the cave, I was so frightened of the roaming monkeys around us, We tried to take their pictures but they were so wild and they move around so fast. I held my things securely for they might snatch it, as warned by our tour Guides "Watch your things carefully for the monkeys might snatch it from you!" I kept that in mind and that made me nervous all the way inside that jungle! We also had fun looking at the big "bayawak", a big monitor lizard.



This is the cave entrance.

People working there will take your pictures and it's up to you if you would like to buy them.

Pictures they took is not expensive.









This is the Underground River Tour, at first I was not excited about the idea of a cave tour. Maybe because a lot of friends shown me pictures of their tour in the same place and I was thinking that those things I will see there are already familiar to me. But I was wrong! Nothing compares it when you can see everything in person, for real! Everything is so Amazing, so different and lots of wonders. You may think that I am exaggerating, you may see all those pictures my cousin took, but it's even more amazing when you see everything personally by your naked eye! And, it is even more exciting if you can use the power of your imagination... It was all fun totally and another reminder from our tour guide and boatman I never forget. "When you're amazed, don't say ahh, just say Hhmm!" What! what'd... Why? There are 2 types of water falling from above the cave, Holy Water from the trees above the mountain and Holy Shit...from the bats living in the cave.

As I have heard from boatman, tour inside the cave would cover the first kilometer of this 8.2 km underground river known to be the longest navigable in the world which would last for about 45-60 minutes.

And according to the short research I made, The Underground River was recently hailed as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Underground River located inside a national park, is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Hope you learned something...
Next Tour: Honda Bay

EvieD









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Ugong Rock

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Honda Bay Tour