Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Honda Bay Tour

Few days in Puerto Princesa was so unforgettable, Places were wonderful from the Arrival and City Tour, The Ugong Rock Cave and Zipline up to exploring the Underground River.

On our way back, Our driver stopped for a while to let a woman with her child take a hitch, that's how Filipinos help each other, while two foreigners beside me are too arrogant to say "Hey, tourists paying for their ride! com'on! Well, I stared back at them with burning eyes, then whispered. "Could you be Nice at least once in your life!" They stayed quiet then the other one slept while sitting beside me. His Head is almost lying on my shoulder. I saw my cousin sleeping, tried to wake him up but no, he's just so asleep. so I called the other guy with him, Hey! I'm too small and your friend is too heavy! (grinning). He woke his friend up and told him the same thing... so funny!

Back in our very peaceful Guest House... Again! We have to wake up early for our Honda Bay tour!

I was so excited that time, I don't even feel tired but because of the very calming atmosphere in Koo's Guest House, I slept right away.

We woke up early. I feel so happy and worried at the same time. My question is... How can I snorkel? I can't even swim! But I know I am brave and I have my cousin with me so I should not be afraid.




1st Stop: The Cowrie Island



Name Origin: The island was named after the small-to-large sea snail, marine gastropod mollusc they called it "cowrie".

Location: Located within Honda Bay, on the eastern side of Puerto Princesa City. It is 12 kilometers away from the city proper and it takes 20 minutes travel time by land. Honda bay wharf is the jump off station to get to the island and just about 10 minutes boat ride.

Activities:
massage cabanas
kayaking
banana boat ride
beach valleyball
bars and buffet restaurants (wide array of seafoods)
pavilion for group occasions (handles 200-300 people)
enjoy shadows of coconut groves
picnics
sandcastles by the seashore

We had a short stop for lunch. and took some pictures.









2nd Stop: The Pambato Reef


Name: means "to compete" because they said, due to its wide variety of coral reefs, they tend to use this to compete with other coral farms in Palawan. Sorry can't post the corrals we found here (I'm really hoping I can) but they were so beautiful...mindblowingly beautiful.


Tour Guide giving a short orientation

Surprisingly! A floating cottage... and WOW! A big replica of the turtle called "Pawikan"



3rd Stop: Luli Island


Name: They call this Island Lu-Li Island. "Lu" from the filipino language "lulubog" which means to sink and "Li" from the filipino language "lilitaw" which means to rise or to float. Because this island is literally under water when it's high tide and floating while in low tide. I'ts a perfect timing when we got here because it's low tide and we can roam around anywhere, it's such a small island though.


We found this starfish! I though it was dead so I picked it up but it's not, It moved while I am holding it so I let go of it haha!


One thing I can't forget is when a group of high school student (shouting like it seems that they've seen an actor) asked me permission and took a picture of my cousin, with them ofcourse!

Thank you so much for reading my Puerto Princesa Tour. Hope you'll read my next blog... EL NIDO!

I am so Excited!
Till Next time!
EvieD




Popular posts from this blog

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Ugong Rock

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Underground River